FOR SALE

Brand new, in the box, Cannondale Supersix High-mod Frame set $2500 Tylerd@uvic.ca for details

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I only puked a little...

Those were the first words out of my mouth after I finished the Warp Speed time trial (20km) on Sunday.
Needless to say it was a hard race. Although I am not super stoked with the final result, there were some definite positives that I am happy to focus on.
First off, it was my first time trial of the year and my first race period on my new Transition. Met up with Cam from Riders last friday to get my disk dialed in, and I must say that blue bike+red disk=sexy!! (sorry, didn't get a pic yet, somehow the dozen or so photographers on course missed me:(
I was really excited to get on my bike and see what it could do!
The Warp speed corse is a hard out and back with a long false flat, and on the day a slight cross wind. I think I went out a little hard over the first 5km or so, hit a solid wall just before the turn around. The power drop in my legs was accompanied by a slightly more chunky spit than usual, and I was in pain mode for the last half of the race.
I managed to hang on for a sub-thirty finnish (28:23), good enough for 29th overall. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but good for the first race of the year.
Lots of good lessons, back to training. The summer is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment