FOR SALE

Brand new, in the box, Cannondale Supersix High-mod Frame set $2500 Tylerd@uvic.ca for details

Friday, February 26, 2010

Tucson the pain...

Well we are in the last couple days of training camp now and I am HURTing......
There have been so many hard swims and rides that they are all blending into one. We were actually sitting around the living room today, trying to remember what workout was when and had to call in Coach Noa to sort everything out!

(I was trying to sneak up behind and scare him but it turned into lame pose)

For me the camp has been an endless assault of biking. The hours of endless peddling through hard workouts just keep coming. I hit my breaking point after an epic 27 mile, 8000 ft, 1:56 min climb of Mt. Lemon (to the top of the ski hill!), complete with snow and painfully cold decent (pictures coming!!). In total it was a 6.5 hr, 150 km ride that ended with me lying on the floor unable to verbalize more than single word grunts.

Pretty cool shot of us on a recovery ride just having fun!

By the end of the camp I will have done almost thirty hours of cycling. I know that isn't unheard of for a lot of cycling specific pros out there, but of little old me thats a HELL of a lot of time on the bike! Unfortunately it has taken its toll, my hip and tail bone feel like they have had a boxer pounding on them for about three days straight, and I can bairly get through the twenty minute spin to the pool with out whimpering in pain.
This afternoon has been spent siting on the roller and stretching to try and aleviate some of the tightness, but we will see in the morning if I am going to do the final ride of the camp (three hours of hill repeats!!).
Don't try this at home... on second thought just don't try this...

In the end though both Noa and I are really happy with how the camp has gone. My swimming has been great. Haven't really mentioned it because it seems so minor compared to the epic amount of cycling, but the 30+km we have done is still the most swim volume I have ever done in a week!
More to come after our last big day tomorrow and we pack up to head home!


Just relaxing after getting stopped by road crews on our afternoon ride

No comments:

Post a Comment